Saturday 18 February 2012

Odd sleep patterns lead to....

Well what you don't know about me is that I work night shift a couple of nights a week (Yes I am a nurse!). I really like my work and find it very rewaradiing but it has a down side - Odd sleep patterns. Take today for example: I got home from work at 8am and went to bed for a few hours as I am not working tonight. However, I slept for much longer thatn I intended and now I am wide awake!

The house is quiet as everyone sleeps and this lends itself to lots of sewing, but I haven't had much luck tonight. I did sew the binding onto a wallhanging quilt and  now this needs finishing, but I tried to make a block for my Quilt Block Swap partner and got my measurements all wrong, so now I have to start again. It is not a total waste I like the block I made and will use it somewhere when absolute size does not matter, such as a note book cover, but I do not enjoy the thought of a fail and then the need to repeat.
So I suppose today's lessons are that we need to keep trying til we get it right - Never give up and Measure twice - cut once!! Oh well back to the cuttingboard !!

Happy sewing and crafting all !!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the bloggy world! Its a great way to see all things crafty going on, im a nurse too, in qld, but i dont do nights- i get all grumpy and cant see charts !

    ReplyDelete